What to bring
Please bring the following items to your first treatment:
Our oncology centres provide therapy in a comfortable and caring environment, administered by a team of professionals who all work to ensure each patient has a positive treatment experience.
Patients are often anxious before their first treatment and we will try to make your first and future appointments as stress-free as possible.
- Pain medication as instructed by your doctor.
- Medical aid card, details and authorisation number.
- Any other documents that you have been instructed to bring.
- Special food items if required.
- Books, cards or other quiet activities
- If you live quite far away, it is better to have your blood taken before the visit and to phone the nursing staff to make sure that your blood results are within limits before you drive all the way to the oncology unit.
- For your first treatment in particular, you may want to arrange for someone to drive you to and from your appointment as certain medications may make you sleepy following treatment.