Diet during Irradiation
A good, balanced diet will help you handle some of the side effects better. The dietician can assist you with a diet and vitamin supplements specifically for your type of cancer and treatment.
- Try to take in a lot of fluids.
- In some cases it will be necessary to take nutritional supplements. These supplements will be prescribed by the dietician.
- You may feel tired, but you will still be able to perform most of your normal tasks. Try to maintain your normal activities as far as possible.
- If you get very tired, the dietician can also assist you with supplements or look at your diet. An analysis of your diet to determine which nutrients it lacks is essential.
- It is very important that the marks that have been made on your body remain there.